Here is a list of books that the elders of my current church recommend. It was designed as an intial reading list for Christians. Reading through these books should give you a solid foundation in some major areas of Christian life and thought. The list was designed in a systematic order, but feel free to begin reading anywhere. The important thing is to read, learn and apply!
1. Jerry Bridges: The Gospel for Real Life
2. R.C. Sproul: The Holiness of God
3. John MacArthur, Our Sufficiency in Christ
4. Joshua Harris: Stop Dating the Church
5. Gary Friesen: Decision-Making and the Will of God
6. John Piper: Don’t Waste Your Life
7. Randy Alcorn: The Treasure Principle
8. James Boice: Foundations of God’s City
9. Joshua Harris: Not Even a Hint (This is also published under the title, Sex is Not the Problem, Lust Is)
10. John Piper: When I Don’t Desire God
11. Kent & Barbara Hughes: Spiritual Disciplines of a Godly Family
12. J.I. Packer: Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God
13. Mark Dever, The Nine Marks of a Healthy Church
I hope to add reviews and discussion questions for these books in the future. I also will try and continually update this site with books I am reading and find helpful.